COVID-19 Screening and Testing Update
Your well-being is always our top priority at Penn State Health, but especially during this time of heightened concern about COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Are you concerned you may have symptoms of COVID-19? Symptoms include fever, cough and/or shortness of breath.
- Use the Penn State Health OnDemand service to have a virtual visit with a board-certified doctor or a certified-registered nurse practitioner . Screenings for COVID-19 are now free of charge.
- If it’s determined additional medical care or testing is needed, the doctor will advise you on the next steps to take.
- Drive-through testing is available on our Hershey and St. Joseph campuses only for patients that have a referral from one of our OnDemand physicians.
- For all other health care issues using the OnDemand app, select insurance plans are accepted. Typical costs are comparable to standard copays.
Sign-up is free and easy
- Download our iOS or Android mobile app or visit PennStateHealthOnDemand.com.
- Complete your registration.
- Set up your username and password, and you’re ready to get started.
Penn State Health OnDemand may also be ideal if you have other health concerns but prefer to stay home to avoid possible exposure to COVID-19 and other germs in the doctor’s waiting room.
Learn more about Penn State Health OnDemand or get the free app.
Protect yourself and your loved ones from COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offer these tips:
- Clean your hands often.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Wear a face mask if you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect.